Trees are an essential part of the environment. Through the process of photosynthesis, trees produce oxygen that makes the air breathable for humans. In addition to being essential to our survival, trees are also aesthetically pleasing, and they can have a calming effect on our psyche. That’s why a lot of commercial properties incorporate natural elements like trees in their design process.
Commercial tree care is necessary for the survival, health, and sustainability of trees that are planted on commercial properties.
What Are the Benefits of Commercial Tree Care?
To save some money, some property owners might try their hand at doing their own commercial property maintenance. Even if you have an excellent green thumb and enjoy gardening, however, this isn’t a viable long-term solution. As your business expands and the demands of managing it continue to increase, your ability to perform commercial tree care for your property is eventually going to fall to the wayside. That’s where commercial property maintenance services in Toronto can come in handy.
Here are the benefits of securing commercial tree care for your business.
- Decrease liability. Commercial tree planting and maintenance services in Toronto use skilled professional landscapers and arborists to care for your trees. They have the proper training, expertise, and safety equipment to trim and prune your trees while maintaining industry safety standards that reduce the risk of injury.
- Healthy trees. Hiring a landscaping and property maintenance company also means that you’ll always have healthy trees on your commercial property. They’ll come in on a regular schedule to remove dead branches, check for diseases, apply nutritious mulch, and perform other maintenance for optimal tree health.
- Aesthetic appeal.Healthy, beautiful, green, lustrous trees have a big aesthetic appeal for anyone who spends time on your commercial property. A beautiful outdoor space with a perfectly manicured lawn, colourful flowerbeds, and stunning greenery can capture the attention of passersby and create a more enticing and inviting environment.
- Proper maintenance. Depending on the height and age of your trees, commercial tree care can be a dangerous job that requires a great deal of expertise, precision, and access to certain materials and equipment. Simply put, it’s not a task that you should take lightly or expect your employees to be able to handle. To ensure that the job is done safely and according to high standards, it’s better to hire a professional commercial property maintenance company to do it for you.
- Increased property value. The more you take care of the exterior of your property, the more you can increase its value and curb appeal. Curb appeal is a major deciding factor in how people view your property and its worth. At the end of the day, the amount of effort you put into caring for and beautifying your property determines what you get out of it.
- Good for the environment. As mentioned, trees produce oxygen that makes air breathable for humans. Planting trees and taking good care of them is a small proactive step you can take to do your part as an organization to promote eco-friendliness and sustainability.
Commercial Property Tree Maintenance Services
Commercial property tree maintenance companies in Toronto provide a variety of important services that help keep your trees healthy, lush, and green all throughout the growing season.
Different types of trees require different types of care. Some are more self-sufficient than others and only need minimal, infrequent watering. Newly planted trees need to be watered more thoroughly and frequently than older, more established trees so that they can survive the stress of being introduced into a new environment. Frequently overwatering young trees also helps them develop stronger root systems. During the rainy season, you can water less as Mother Nature does it for you.
A professional landscaping company will also take care of the watering for you. They can even install a smart sprinkler system that’s on a timer to thoroughly water your trees.
Mulching is also an essential part of proper commercial tree care because it contains vital nutrients that trees need to grow strong and tall. Mulch contains organic matter that also helps prevent weed germination and growth, retains an appropriate moisture level so tree roots don’t dry out or rot, and it helps keep the soil at a temperature that’s conducive to tree growth. Do your research and choose the right kind of mulch that will support the health of the specific types of trees you have on your commercial property.
Tree pruning typically involves trimming off dead branches or defects during the planting process. Many professional landscapers and tree experts, however, advise against pruning during the first year of the tree’s life. Instead, they recommend waiting at least until the second year of life when the tree roots are more firmly established in the ground. This gives the young tree a chance to strengthen its immunity and repair defective branches. Also, pruning during the first growing season could decrease the tree’s growing potential in the future.
Lastly, commercial property maintenance companies can help you choose and apply the appropriate fertilizers to keep your trees healthy and strong. Choose nutrient-dense slow-release fertilizers that can nourish your trees for an extended period of time and help maintain moisture levels. Fertilizers are typically fortified with nutrients that are derived from organic matter. Some varieties are even specially formulated to protect against over-and under-watering to maintain healthy root expansion and establishment.
Commercial Tree Care and Property Maintenance in Toronto and the GTA
For over 25 years, FOREVER GREEN LAWN & LANDSCAPE INC.has been the go-to commercial tree care and property maintenance company in Toronto and the GTA. As a family-owned and operated business, we have cross-generational expertise when it comes to tree planting, pruning, fertilizing, and general property maintenance. Contact us today to learn more about our extensive commercial tree care services and how we can beautify your property.